An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of
untrusted programs and web surfing.Sandboxie runs your programs in an
isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to
other programs and data in your computer. When you run a program on
your computer, data flows from the hard disk to the program via read
operations. The data is then processed and displayed, and finally
flows back from the progam to the hard disk via write operations.
Sandboxie changes the rules such that write operations do not make it
back to your hard disk.
• Intercept changes to both your files and registry settings,
making it virtually impossible for any software to reach outside the
• Traps cached browser items into the sandbox as a by-product of
normal operation, so when you throw away the sandbox, all the history
records and other side-effects of your browsing disappear as well.
BENEFITS OF THE ISOLATED SANDBOX:
• Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the
by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded
• Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached
temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and
don't leak into Windows.
• Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might
be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't
infect your real system.
• Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by
installing software into an isolated sandbox.
TRANSLATIONS: The following languages can be selected during