Compared with the previous version, VMware vSphere 5 supports four times more powerful virtual machines with up to 1 terabyte of memory and up to 32 virtual processors. These virtual machines will be able to produce over a million every second I / O operations that exceed the requirements of even the most demanding applications. In conjunction with the upgraded and simplified module High Availability, such machines will support the work of the most important business applications, providing them with high performance and availability.
VMware vSphere platform 5 also contains three new elements that enhance resource management data center. They provide an intelligent policy management, maintaining an automated approach to managing data center resources (on an "install and forget") and operations such as entry into operation of servers and storage management. Users define policies and set the operating parameters, and VMware vSphere 5 does the rest. New modules VMware vSphere Auto-Deploy, Profile-Driven Storage and Storage DRS will help the customer uses 1000 virtual machines that save up to one year of working time administrators.
The composition distribution at the moment
- - VMware Data Recovery 2.0
- - VMware PowerCLI 5.0.0
- - VMware Tools Linux
- - VMware UpdateManager Pscli 5.0.0
- - VMware vCenter Server 5.0 and 5.1
- - VMware Vcenter Server Appliance 5.0 and 5.1
- - VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat 6.5
- - VMware vMA 5.0
- - VMware vSphere CLI 5.0.0
- - VMware ESXi 5.0 and 5.1
- - VMware vSphere Client 5.0, 5.1
- - VMware Converter All 5.0
- - VMware vSphere Storage Appliance 5.0 and 5.1
- - VMware vShield Manager 5.0
- - VMware vShield Zones
- - VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.0 and 5.1
- - VMware Storage Replication Adapters
- - vSphere Hypervisor ESXi 5.0 Driver Rollup 2
- - VMware vCloud Director
- - VMware vCenter Operations Standard 1.0.1 in Virtual Appliance
- - VMware vCenter CapacityIQ 1.5.2 in Virtual Appliance
- - VMware View 5.1
- - VMware-ESXi-5.0.0-469512-depot.zip
- - VMware Open Virtualization Format Tool
- - VMware ESXi 5.0 Updates
How to upgrade to vSphere 5.0 Update 1
Update products in the range of VMware, should be in order, given the interconnection and interoperability.
Note: When installing vCenter 5.0u1 necessarily installed version of MS SQL 2008 R2 Express Edition Service Pack 1, when using the full edition, make sure Service Pack 1 or install it, otherwise the upgrade procedure will be aborted with an error.
How to Upgrade:
- - View 5.0 update to version 5.0.1
- - VCD 1.5 update to version 1.5.1 (change the acronym vCloud Director is due to the initiative of the marketers)
- - Updating SRM 5.0 to version 5.0.1
- - Update vShield App / Edge / Endpoint 5.0 to version 5.0.1
- - Unfortunately, vDR 2.0 update is not up to that, and a table of compatibility with vSphere 5.0u1 he missed.
- - VSphere Client update to version 5.0.1 also updates the vSphere Web Client
- - Update the vCenter Server 5.0 to version 5.0 Update 1
- - Update Update Manager 5.0 to version 5.0 Update 1
- - ESXi 5.0 update to version 5.0 Update 1
- - VMware Sonverter updated to version 5.0.1
- - VMware vCenter Chargeback is updated to version 2.5 + added keygen
- - VMware PowerCLI 5.0 - moved to the folder VMware vSphere 5.0
- - VMware PowerCLI 5.1 - are created in the VMware vSphere 5.1
- - ESXi500-201209001.zip - the patch is added to the folder VMware vSphere 5.0 \ VMware ESXi 5.0 Updates
- - ESXi510-201210001.zip - the patch is added to the folder VMware vSphere 5.1 \ VMware ESXi 5.1 Updates
Downloading updated to the newest versions.
- - VMware ESXi 5.1a
- - VMware vCenter Server 5.1a
- - VMware vCenter Server Appliance 5.1.0a
- - VMware vSphere Data Protection (VDP) 5.1.1
- - VMware vSphere Storage Appliance 5.1.1
- - VMware vSphere Client
Downloading updated to the latest version 5.1.1 all components of VMware View.
Version: 5.0 and 5.1
All Link Download: