Transforming your photographs into beautiful works of art has never been easier than with Snap Art 4. By analyzing the visual elements and techniques of artists through the centuries, we have designed Snap Art to produce images that look they were made by a human, not a computer. Snap Art 4 lets you experiment with multiple artistic styles via a simple, sleek user interface. The refreshed design and layout reduces distractions and provides fast visual browsing of a wide array of presets so you can achieve perfect results quicker than ever. Snap Art works everywhere you do, now with Aperture support and as a standalone application that provides easy batch processing.
Snap Art 4 turns photos into art that looks completely natural and handmade.
- To use Snap Art, you will need to have one of the Adobe products Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, or Lightroom. See the requirements for details and watch our videos to see how Snap Art works in these programs as a plug-in.
- Snap Art 4 has tight Lightroom integration that supports batch processing and does not require Photoshop. Visit our Lightroom page to learn the details.
NEW! Improved Realism
- Version 4 uses more refined stroke placement to keep edges sharp and reproduce natural texture. This keeps the subject natural and recognizable. If you used Snap Art in the past then you will notice dramatically clearer results, especially on portraits.
NEW! Detail Mask
- Instead of oval focus regions, Snap Art 4 now has a detail mask. This lets you quickly mark exactly where you want more detail. This is great for leaving backgrounds abstract while faces are detailed and natural.
Wide Range of Media and Styles
- Snap Art can draw with a wide range of physical media, such as oil paint, watercolor, pencil, and charcoal. Within those, you can choose from a plethora of styles like impasto, pointillism, or modern art techniques like comics and stylize.
NEW! Crayon and Improved Presets
- We added multiple crayon presets for that messy colorful look. All the presets for existing media types were remade and reorganized to be easier to use.
NEW! Everything in One Place
- Snap Art went from ten filters to just one. Now you can explore all of the media types and styles in one place without switching filters. The entire user interface is redesigned for easier exploration. The presets are always visible on the left, there is a huge preview in the center, and you experiment with your style on the right.
NEW! Hidden Complexity
- There are now presets that control groups of related sliders. This lets you quickly experiment with one aspect of the art, such as color scheme, without having to manipulating four different sliders. We also hid the more esoteric sliders by default so you can focus on just the most important controls.
- Snap Art supports a non-destructive workflow, making experimentation easy. Effects in Photoshop are rendered on a new layer, leaving your original image untouched. In Photoshop, Snap Art can be run as a Smart Filter for easy tweaking of the effect after it is created.
NEW! Flickr Uploading
- Snap Art 4 can now upload your creations to Flickr. Optionally, you can add your art to the Alien Skin Flickr group where other artists share their work and techniques.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 or newer
Adobe Lightroom 4 or newer
Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 or newer
Apple Aperture 3 or later
Updates: official site does not provide any info about changes in this version