Internet Access Monitor for MS ISA Server
is a program intended for logging and controlling internet traffic. According to statistics, the most common way of accessing the internet in modern organizations is through the use of special proxy servers that make it possible to share a single internet connection between all office employees. MS ISA Server/Forefront TMG is one such proxy servers. By analyzing log files created by this software, Internet Access Monitor allows you to quickly control the efficiency of corporate access to the internet, log traffic, and generate reports on who visited which sites when. This log file analyzer works with all MS ISA Server versions (ISA Server 2000, ISA Server 2004, ISA Server 2006 and Forefront TMG).
Internet Access Monitor's advantages: * the log file analyzer allows you to centrally control the traffic of all users in your organization who have access to the internet
* helps you track and prevent attempts to use corporate access to the internet for personal needs
* helps you cut expenses;
* the traffic control software is extremely easy to use and allows you to start controlling users right away
* works with almost all modern proxy servers
* the log file analyzer allows you to build a large number of reports and diagrams showing the usage efficiency of your organization*s proxy server
* the program has special tools for automating the creation and delivery of reports
* works quickly and generates visual reports and diagrams
There are just a few very simple steps to start controlling your traffic: 1. First, you should configure the importing of MS ISA Server/Forefront TMG log files.
2. Start Internet Access Monitor. If this is the first time you have started the log file analyzer, you will see a dialog box where you should specify data sources. Once started, the program automatically creates a data source specifying the default path to log files.
3. Edit data sources if necessary: specify the necessary import parameters and exception rules, and start importing log files with the F2 button.
4. If in the process of importing log files a problem occurs, make sure the specified paths to log files are correct. Internet Access Monitor for MS ISA Server/Forefront TMG works with ISA Server 2000, ISA Server 2004, ISA Server 2006 and Forefront TMG. During the import process the program searches for log files of the *FWS*.*, IP*.log, and *WEB*.* types. For instance, FWSEXTD20030408.log. Usually, MS ISA Server proxy server stores its log files in C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server\ISAlogs.
5. After the process of importing log files is over, you can generate reports and apply a filter to the log. Also, our traffic logging program will show what an employee was usually busy with: reading texts, viewing pictures, listening to music, watching video clips, or working.
The program can create the following types of reports for traffic control: * Traffic distribution by users;
* Traffic distribution by IP addresses;
* Traffic distribution by services;
* Traffic distribution by protocols;
* Traffic distribution by content type (pictures, video, text, music);
* Traffic distribution by programs used;
* Traffic distribution by hours;
* Traffic distribution by week days;
* Traffic distribution by dates and months;
* Traffic distribution by visited sites;
* Proxy authentication errors;
* Logons and logoffs;
* and a number of other reports.
Our log file analyzer can track and prevent attempts to use the corporate access for personal needs. The main advantage of the program over other similar software products is its simplicity. Internet Access Monitor installs in just in the same way as any other software, supports any methods of accessing the internet, and can be integrated with many popular proxy servers. Another advantage of the product is that it can generate various reports on internet usage. Thus, for instance, you can quickly view the statistics by various programs (browsers, mail clients, ICQ, peer-to-peer clients and others), separate users, groups, and IP addresses.