Capture One Pro
- one of the most powerful professional converters digital photos in RAW format that supports a wide range of modern cameras. The program allows for single and batch mode to convert on the fly RAW files in full-TIFF (RGB / CMYK) and JPG format, adjust white balance, efficiently and reliably "overexposed" or "nedosvechennye" snapshots, fine-tune the sharpness of the image and eliminate color noise.
Major achievements Capture One Pro
- is an opportunity to fast batch processing images with pre-specified settings without interfering with the routine process of the photographer. This is convenient because if you removed a series of related images, their specifications should be the same and do not differ by the presence / absence of noise, sharpness, color settings, camera profile. Converter can save presets, which if necessary can be quickly seized. For example, you can ultimately optimize the translation of b / w your settings sharpness and contrast, if you are fond of the "classical" picture and immediately let pictures to print, without spending a whole evening to carry out repetitive actions every photograph in the series.
- a new word in the processing of RAW", said Jan H. Christiansen, marketing director of Phase One. "Computer processing of pictures today - is no less art than processing film in a dark room. We do not offer comprehensive solutions to the problems photographers taking pictures, we just help them to manage quality photos, which they did."
Capture One Pro makes the difficult process of handling RAW-files simple, intuitive and exciting. Simple tools, simple menu and easily understandable symbols. The program is compatible with many other popular applications, for example, users can process RAW in Capture One, then to make final preparations for the processing and printing in Adobe Photoshop.
* New user interface gives maximum attention to the images. In the center of the workspace - picture, and not sliders, sliders, and various kinds of service information. A dark background allows more convenient to work with photo;
* Work with 12 images simultaneously at full resolution;
* For a single RAW image can be made several virtual versions to compare the results of one or another correction - on disk is stored only one original RAW;
* Gentle use policy license code on multiple computers.
* Recovery of details in shadows and highlights, the expansion of dynamic range;
* Import and export image format DNG;
* A new architecture program offers a faster image import, processing and export
Capture One Pro is created on the principle of all-in-one, reducing the need for post processing of images, which in practice means a requirement of using Photoshop to process images. Capture One Pro is similar to Lightroom.
Earlier direct capture of images from the cameras only take families to specialized software, and now Capture One 4.8.2 PRO can take snapshots directly from your camera or with a cable connection, or through the forwarding of Wi-Fi, which becomes popular with professional dSLR. Ie when using Wi-Fi transmitter in the studio photographer takes the model images at this point is automatically forwarded to standing near a laptop, where they capture Capture one and then applies the selected photos set to those obtained from the camera images. At the end of shooting, the photographer and model suited to the display, select the most successful (already processed) images. This saves time, which can be spent on another series of photos.
Color Management and Preferences
Globally you can set various preferences including full color management support. Capture One DSLR comes provided with profiles for the EOS-1D and EOS-1Ds under various light conditions. You can also select destination color profiles for output, web and proof destinations as well as your monitor profile. There are also a wide range of preferences to choose from, click on the reduced image below to see them in more detail.
Operation and Workflow
Operationally you can work on previous shot and stored images or capture directly from the camera 'into' a collection live in the Capture One DSLR application. This feature wasn't tested at this stage.
As you change settings such as color balance, sharpening etc. these are stored by Capture One in its own database (remembered on a per image basis). These settings can be saved and loaded as well as applied to selected images, a batch 'development' or an entire collection. Settings are arranged into three of the five function tabs on the function pane, each function pane is described below.
Below you will find two versions of the same EOS-1Ds RAW image output as JPEG from both Capture One DSLR and Canon's own File Viewer Utility. Remember that Capture One DSLR is still in its Beta form and thus image quality and performance may not be true to the final version. I do like the overall tonal balance and color response of the Capture One DSLR image, very nice.