means 'Compiled Windows HTML Help files'. It is a set of technologies for delivering help and Web contents using Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). HTML Help is designed for authors or developers who create contents for software programs, multimedia titles, intranets, extranets, or for the Internet. HTML Help provides navigational controls that enable users to easily find and sort information.
PowerCHM Key Features
* Automatically create your CHM files from Html Files, Text Files, Microsoft Word Documents and Adobe Acrobat Document
With PowerCHM you can create your CHM files automatically from Html Files (including .htm, .html and .mht), Text Files (.txt), Microsoft Word Documents (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat Document (.pdf).
* Make CHM Files by Import Folder and All Sub Folders
With PowerCHM you can import a prepared folder and all it's sub folders to make CHM files. In the prepared folder, all the support files will be imported.
* Directly Open and Save Microsoft HTML Help Workshop Project (.hhp file)
With PowerCHM you can directly open and save Microsoft HTML Help Workshop project (.hhp file). This will let PowerCHM can work together with other help authoring tools.
* Edit a .htm or .html File Directly
With PowerCHM you can edit a .htm or .html file directly. Such as highlight some important texts, change text color, change a link's URL, etc. From now on, you can do such simple edit work without frequent switches between PowerCHM and other html editors.
* Automatically generate topic and index item title by parsing from title, filename or text of a specificed line
With PowerCHM you can automatically generate topic and index item by parsing from title, filename or text of a specificed line.
* Decompile a single CHM file or decompile CHM files in a batch
Before installing PowerCHM, please be sure you have: * Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003
* Microsoft Word 2000, Microsoft Word 2002 (XP), or Microsoft Word 2003
* Internet Explorer v4.1 or later
* 32 MB RAM or more
* 5 MB free disk space